Packaging is the technology of enclosing or protecting products for distribution, storage, sale, and use. Packaging also refers to the process of designing, evaluating, and producing packages. Packaging can be described as a coordinated system of preparing goods for transport, warehousing, logistics, sale, and end use.
Packaging contains, protects, preserves, transports,
informs, and sells.
- Serves as protection for the product
- Advertises the company with it’s design
- Can be designed to suit the theme
- Can be designed to appeal to target market
- Can be made to fit in the point of sale
- Cost money to make
- Takes a while to be made which might slow down the production of the product as a whole
- Time consuming to design
- Might accidently offend certain ethnic groups if used offensive symbols or designs
Though packaging comes with a cost, it is necessary for products because products are often transported to different parts of the world and that would require an outer layer to prevent the product from being damaged.