DEFINITION OF COMPUTER
Computer can be defined as a programmable machine which can accept data through an input device, process the data accepted with pre-defined instruction and present the result through an output device in a desired form.
A Computer is an electronic device that can accept data, store data and processed data to produce useful information.
Note: Data means any raw fact (e.g. number, worlds etc.) that we can give to the computer to work on or store. The computer system is therefore, the collection of the COMPUTER and PERIPHERAL DEVICES.
The computer system can be divided into two main parts or groups, which are:
- The Hardware The Software c. The Humanware
TYPES OF COMPUTER SYSTEM
We have 3 types of computer system, they are
- Analogue Computer: These are computer that translate physical quality such as distance, velocity, temperature, acceleration, pressure, length, volume, voltage, info related or electrical equivalents.
- Digital Computer: These are computer perform calculation by counting of number precisely.
- Hybrid Computer: These are computer that may be concerned a combination of digital and analogue computers it is an advance type of computer system.
CHARACTERISTICS OF COMPUTER
PARTS OF A COMPUTER
- Define a computer.
- Differentiate between the computer and the computer system.
- State three characteristics of a computer.
- List two components of a computer system.
GO TO THE PC AND IDENTIFY AT LEAST 10 HARDWARE DEVICES THAT CAN BE FOUND ON EVERY COMPUTER SYSTEM.
Do You Like Our Lesson? Please Leave A Comment Below ↓