OUTPUT DEVICES: An output device is any piece of computer hardware that is used to output data that has been previously entered into a computer or similar processing device.
An output device is any piece of computer hardware equipment used to communicate the results of data processing carried out by an information processing system (such as computer) which converts the electronically generated information into human-readable form.
Read Also: CLASSIFICATION OF COMPUTER BY TYPES
- Monitor: a computer monitor is an electronic device that shows pictures. Monitors often look similar to televisions. The main difference between a monitor and a television is that a monitor does not have a television tuner to change channels. Monitors often have higher display resolution than television.
- Printer: A printer is a device that accepts text and graphic output from a computer and transfers the information to paper. A printer is an external hardware output device responsible for taking electronic data stored on a computer or computing device and generating a hardcopy of that data.
- Plotter: A plotter is a printer that interprets commands from a computer to make line drawings on paper with one or more automated pens. The plotter can draw continuous point-to-point lines directly from vector graphics files or commands.
- Projector: A projector or image projector is an optical device that projects on image (or moving images) into a surface, commonly on projection screen.
Read Also: Computer Room
Most projectors create an image by shinning light through a small transparent lens, but some newer types of projectors can project the image directly, by using lasers.
- Speaker: A speaker is a device that converts analog audio signals into the equivalent air vibrations in order to make audible sound. It is also a hardware device connected to a computer’s sound card that outputs sound generated by the computer.
- Headphones: Sometimes referred to as earphones are hardware devices that either plugs into your computer (line out) or your speakers to privately listen to audio without disturbing anyone else.
Read Also: Operating System
- Define output devices
- List five (5) examples of output devices
- Explain two output devices you know.
We are the only one that provides free educational contents for less privileged in Africa and around the world. Please kindly support us below. Thank you
Website Developer | Certified Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE)| An Author. To know more about me. Please visit my CV here