What is Obesity? Obesity is a condition whereby one takes in excess calories than the body requires.
The excess calories are converted into fat and stored under the skin and around vital internal organs.
Obesity is caused by:
- Excess intake of carbohydrates and fats.
- Lack of adequate exercise.
- Eating junk food.
- Sedentary lifestyles.
- Excessive body weight.
- Tiredness and shortness of breath.
- Complications such as heart disease, diabetes and hypertension may arise.
- Avoid junk food
- Avoid excess intake of carbohydrates and fats.
- Exercise regularly.
- Eat a well-balanced diet.
Anorexia Nervosa is a psychological problem where someone gets a distorted image of oneself as being fat and unacceptable, hence refuses to eat at all. Anorexia Nervosa is caused by refusal to take food leading to thinness.
It is common among teenagers and young women and it is fatal.
- Sudden weight loss.
- Feeling overweight even when thin and underweight.
- Avoidance of food.
- Eat a balanced diet. Counsel individuals to learn to accept themselves as they are.
Do You Like Our Lesson? Please Leave A Comment Below ↓