Table of Contents
Nutrition is how food affects the health of the body. Food is essential—it provides vital nutrients for survival, and helps the body function and stay healthy. The process of taking in food and using it for growth, metabolism, and repair.
CLASSES OF FOOD
There are seven major classes of nutrients:
USES OF FOOD
Various uses of food:
- Food gives us energy and maintains the metabolism in our body.
- Our body requires metabolic activities to maintain the day to day work. It required amino acids for protein synthesis.
- These ‘amino acids’ are divided into essential and non-essential amino acids. The ‘essential amino acids’ are supplied by our food to the body.
- Food also contains vitamins and minerals that act as a co-factor for various enzymes of the body to maintain its activity.
Strategies & Activities:
Step: Teacher revises the previous topic.
Step 2: Teacher introduces the new topic.
Step3: Teacher explains the new topic.
Step4: Teacher welcomes pupils’ questions.
Step5: Teacher evaluates the pupils.
Assessment & Evaluation:
- Explain the meaning of food
- List the classes of food
- State the uses of food