This happens when blood comes out of the nose. It may be caused by an injury, blowing the nose forcefully and picking the nose. Someone pinching the nose to prevent blood from coming out during nose bleeding. The head should be slightly bent.
- Avoid picking the nose.
- Avoid blowing the nose too hard and often where possible.
- Sit the casualty down with the head forward.
- Pinch the nose firmly below the bridge for 10 minutes, making the person breath through the mouth.
- After 10 minutes, request the casualty to release the pressure on the nose.
- Encourage the casualty to spit out any blood that flows into the mouth.
- If nose bleeding persists beyond 30 minutes, seek medical attention.
⇓ Fully Funded Scholarships ⇓
We built School Portal NG to specially serve as an alternative means to provide free education for the less-privileged children or children born to low-income earners, adults who otherwise cannot afford to finance their way through school.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, but this portal is free. Help to keep this learning portal free by donating or supporting us. We accept donations, grants, sponsorships & support to help reach out to more children. Thank you so much. Click here to donate