Nominalization is the changing of a part of speech into a noun by the addition of a suffix
- Non-Restrictive Clause: In the non-restrictive, th clause provides additional information to the subject and is marked with commas.
- The young lawer, who is 25, gave the closing remark.
- The house, which has been renovated, looks very new.
- The book, about which so much has been said, is not interesting.
- The principal, who I told you about, is a sadist.
- My brother, who lives in Abuja, visited me last week.
Evaluation: Make five sentences each on restrictive and non-restrictive clauses.
Hints on writing essays in the examination
Every type of writing demands distinctive style and approach. Candidates are expected to be able to write the following kinds of essays; narrative, descriptive expository argumentative.
Hints on Essay Writing
- Treat as many ideas in relations to the topics as can be discussed within the time allowed.
- Even though the ideas may be old, they should be presented in a new perspective in view of human development, and in an orderly manner.
- The language used in writing should be appropriate and clear to the reader.
- Due emphasis should be placed on correctness of language.
- There should be neither bias nor overzealousness in the writing.
- Keep within the time allocated for the essay.
Evaluation: Write an essay on ‘The day I will never forget
Reading Assignment: Vowels
Weekend Assignment: Revision and tests part 2, page 149, Effective English.
- verbs and nouns
- verbs and nouns worksheets
- verbs and nouns examples
- verbs and nouns in spanish
- verbs and nouns and adjectives
- verbs and nouns worksheet grade 2
- verbs and nouns list
- verbs and nouns same word
- verbs and nouns spelled the same
- verbs and nouns words
⇓ Fully Funded Scholarships ⇓
We built School Portal NG to specially serve as an alternative means to provide free education for the less-privileged children or children born to low-income earners, adults who otherwise cannot afford to finance their way through school.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, but this portal is free. Help to keep this learning portal free by donating or supporting us. We accept donations, grants, sponsorships & support to help reach out to more children. Thank you so much. Click here to donate