Any natural heavenly body that orbits around a planet e.g. moon for earth, tritan for Saturn and triton for Neptune.
- Also called minor planets.
- Are small fragments of rocks left going around the sun when the solar system was formed
- Found between Mass and Jupiter
- Are 1500 in number
- They sometimes collide with each other and planets due to Jupiter’s gravitational pull causing them to move in erratic orbits.
- Heavenly bodies which appear to have a head and a long tail
- Made of ice, dust and frozen gas
- The head is made of many particles of dust, rock and frozen gases.
- Their tail is made of gases and points away from the sun.
- Move around the sun in extremely long and oval orbits
- Their orbits cross the earth’s orbits e.g. Halley’s Comet which appears after every 76 years.
- Small heavenly body which strays from its orbit in the solar system and enters the earth’s atmosphere at very high speed.
- A meteoroid which is burning out due to friction after entering the earth’s atmosphere.
- Remains of a meteoroid which have reached the earth’s surface or incompletely burnt up meteoroid.
- When they fall they sink into the ground forming craters
- They are rich in iron
- A natural satellite
- Receives its light from the sun and reflects it onto the earth.
- It revolves around the earth
- Takes 29.5 days to complete one revolution around the earth
- Its orbit is almost circular
- As it revolves around the sun it appears in various shapes ranging from crescent/new moon, half moon, gibbons moon and full moon.
- Has gravitational pull which causes the rising and falling of the ocean level
- As the moon orbits around the earth it creates an event called eclipse.
-Phenomenon occurring when the rays of the sun are blocked from reaching the earth or the moon.
- The moon comes between the earth and the sun
- The moon’s shadow is cast on the earth
sun appears to be covered by darkness
- The earth comes between the moon and the sun
- The earths shadow is cast on the moon
• The moon appears to be covered by darkness
⇓ Fully Funded Scholarships ⇓
We built School Portal NG to specially serve as an alternative means to provide free education for the less-privileged children or children born to low-income earners, adults who otherwise cannot afford to finance their way through school.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, but this portal is free. Help to keep this learning portal free by donating or supporting us. We accept donations, grants, sponsorships & support to help reach out to more children. Thank you so much. Click here to donate