There are five methods of drug use which allow drugs to enter the body:
- Through suppositories
MODES OF DRUGS USE
Normal Use of Drugs
These are drugs that produce desired effects. That is, when we use drugs according to doctor’s prescription.
Normal use of drugs makes us get well.
Examples of drugs are those in the first aid box i.e. Panadol, asprin, antacid, etc.
Excessive Use of Drugs
These are drugs that cause damage and death in certain cases. We should avoid excessive use of drugs.
Excessive use of drugs is also known as drug abuse. That is the use of drugs to drive desire.
CONSEQUENCES/EFFECTS OF NORMAL USE OF DRUGS
- Pleasurable feelings that encourage the tendency to use again and again.
- Development of tolerance to drugs.
- Reduces sense of pain.
FACTORS CAUSING DRUG ABUSE BEHAVIOR
- Pleasurable effects of drugs (psychological).
- Unpleasant effects on withdrawal (psychological).
- Inability to control peer pressure (social).
- Presences of the drug in the environment (physical).
Strategies and activities
Step1: Teacher revises the previous topic
Step2: Teacher introduces the new topic
Step 3: Teacher explains the new topic
Step4: Teacher welcomes pupils questions
Step 5: Teacher evaluates the pupils
Evaluation and Assignment
- Differentiate between effects of normal and excessive drug use.
- Mention 3 consequences of drug abuse.
- List 3 factors which sustain drug abuse behavior.
Do You Like Our Lesson? Please Leave A Comment Below ↓