Table of Contents
Also referred to as trace or minor nutrients. They are required in small quantities/traces. They are essential for proper growth and development of plants.
ROLE OF MICRONUTRIENTS AND THEIR DEFICIENCY SYMPTOMS
- Role in oxidation-reduction reactions.
- Respiration and utilization of iron
- Deficiency symptoms-yellowing of young leaves.
- Synthesis of proteins.
- Takes part in oxidation-reduction reactions.
- Deficiency symptoms – leaf chlorosis
- Nitrogen transformation in plants.
- Metabolization of nitrates to amino acids and proteins
- Deficiency symptoms –leaf curl and scathing.
Manganese – Same as molybdenum.
- Formation of growth hormone.
- Reproduction process
- Deficiency symptoms – white bud formation.
- These are chemically produced substances added to the soil to improve fertility classification according to nutrients contained
Straight – contain only one macronutrient.
Compound fertilizers – contain more than one macronutrient
Time of application
Some applied when planting.
Top dressing after crop emergence
Effects on the soil pH.
- Acidic fertilizers.
- Neutral fertilizers.
- Basic fertilizers.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, that is why you see other eLearning websites charge fees. Help to keep this learning portal free by donating or supporting us. We accept grants, sponsorships & support to help reach out to more people. Thank you so much. Click here to donate