Table of Contents
Drugs are substances that are taken into the body to cure diseases or illnesses. They are given to sick people by a doctor or nurse to make them feel better. Drugs can be taken through the mouth or injected into the body.
Types of drugs
Drugs may be liquid or solid.
- Liquid drugs are called syrup.
- Solid drugs are called tablets, caplets or capsules.
Examples of drugs include:- panadol, paracetamol, penicillin, aspirin, neofylin etc.
Benefits of drugs to our body
Drugs can be used for the following benefits:
- We take drugs to cure diseases and illnesses.
- We also take drugs to protect us from sickness or diseases. An example of such a drug is the polio vaccine.
- We take drug to improve our health.
Step I: Teacher revises the previous topic
Step II: Teacher introduces the new topic ” What is drug?”
Step III: Teacher explains the meaning of drug.
Step IV: Teacher mentions types and examples of drugs
Step V: Teacher explains the benefits of drugs
Step VI: Pupils contribute and ask questions
- Substances taken into the body to cure illnesses are called __________. A Lipton B drugs C milk
2 Drugs can be taken through the mouth or _________________. A the skin B the nose C both of the above
- Drugs may be liquid or _____________.A sticky B solid C gummy
- We take drugs to ______________________. A. fill hunger B cure illnesses C acquire sickness
- Drugs are given to people who are ________________________.
- Mention two benefits of drugs