MEANING OF BUILDING
Building is a structure with walls and a roof, such as a house, factory, school, church, mosque, shop etc. Shelter is one of the basic needs of life. A shelter is a basic architectural structure or building that provides protection from the local environment. Having a place of shelter, of safety and of retreat I.e. a home, is commonly considered a fundamental human need. Sometimes it is called a home or house.
TYPES OF BUILDING
There are different types of building- a bungalow, storey building, detached building, duplex.
- Educational or institutional building-Primary, Secondary, Polytechnics, College of education, and University buildings.
- Residential buildings.
- Assembly buildings-Hall, Cinema, Church, Mosque, etc
- Factory and industrial buildings:
- Worship centers: Church, Mosque, and Shrine.
- Business buildings
- Hospital building
STRATEGIES AND ACTIVITIES
- The Teacher revises the previous week lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the new topic.
- The Teacher explains the note in details.
- The Teacher gives room for pupils to ask questions.
- The Teacher evaluates the pupils.
ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION
1 .State the meaning of building
- List the types of building
- List the materials needed for building
- State five types of building
2. List 10 materials needed for building