Full Job Description:
East Palo Alto Tennis & Tutoring program (EPATT) Summer Math Camp Instructor (2nd-5th Grade)
The East Palo Alto Tennis and Tutoring program (EPATT) is an established non-profit organization that has impacted the lives of hundreds of students from East Palo Alto since 1988. Through partnerships with families, schools, and local agencies, EPATT equips students to be college and career ready. EPATT strives to combat summer slide and enrich the academic, athletic, and social skills of its participants through a summer program that has a strong focus on providing students with concrete skills and empowering parents to advocate effectively for their children at home and at school. EPATT is committed to measurable results and is a GREAT place to work!
Job Title – Summer Math Camp Instructor (2nd – 5th Grade)
Dates – June 17th to July 22nd (The incumbent is expected to stay the full duration of the program)
Location – East Palo Alto
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
EPATT is seeking enthusiastic, innovative, motivated, creative, fun-loving, teachers for our summer math camp. The ideal candidate enjoys teaching and has high personal and student expectations and prioritizes using multi-sensory methods of instruction. Lastly, this person must place a high value on parent engagement and results driven best practice.
- Bachelor’s degree or degree in progress required
- Elementary teaching credential preferred
- Strong classroom management skills that presume high behavioral and academic expectations for ALL students
- Some experience with curriculum development and implementation
- A passion for fostering emotional, social and educational growth in children and families from diverse backgrounds
- Familiarity with the Common Core State Standards
- Commitment to providing a positive and effective program for all participants
- A high level of energy and exceptional enthusiasm all day, every day!
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus!
- Authorized to work in the USA
· LiveScan background check clearance and negative TB Test result (prior to start)
· Mandated Reporter Training certification (provided)
EXPECTATIONS & DUTIES
- Execute EPATT’s program mission and values in a positive and professional manner
- Attend three training and orientation days (Time/Day TBD).
- Instruct for the entire duration of the 5-Week Summer Program
- Build close and positive relationships with students, volunteers, parents, and staff
- Create summative assessments, track student progress, and organize individualized support as necessary
- Attend weekly staff meetings (Time TBD)
- Chaperone field trips and outings
- Maintain a high standard of ethics and integrity
WORK HOURS AND DATES – June 17th – July 22nd
- Teachers are expected to be on site from 7:45am until 1pm Mon-Thurs, Fridays 8am – end of field trip (approx. 4pm).
- Training schedule TBD.
- The program operates Monday-Thursday 8am – 3pm (teachers are finished at 1pm), and Friday field trips from 8am – 4pm.
- All staff are required to attend staff meetings, chaperone field trips, and communicate regularly with parents and student advocates.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – EPATT is an equal opportunity employer
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to lift and carrying up to 60 lbs.
- Typing, writing, reading
- Seeing, hearing and speaking, both nearby and at a distance
- Use of hands and fingers to assist with classroom supplies and operate
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, kneeling
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $55.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
EPATT will be following the most current San Mateo County required COVID-19 mitigation protocols for schools and youth programs.
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Teaching Credential (CA) (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, that is why you see other elearning websites charge fees. Help to keep this learning portal free by telling mum or dad to donate or support us. Thank you so much. Click here to donate