Maracas is known as shekere in Yoruba land. It is one of the major instruments mainly used when performing a musical concert.
The following are materials needed for making maracas at home
- Plastic egg
- Two plastic spoons
Procedure for making maracas
- Pour rice into an empty plastic egg and close the egg.
- Tape around the seam of the egg.
- Place the egg between the heads of two plastic spoons, and wrap tape around it to hold the spoons in place.
- Tape the handles of the two spoons to hold them together.
- Shake your homemade maracas
Step I: Teacher revises the previous topic.
Step II: Teacher introduces the new topic “Making of maracas”
Step III: Teacher lists and explains the materials needed for making maracas
Step IV: Teacher explains the procedure for making maracas
Step V: Pupils copy the note and submit for marking
- In Yoruba land maracas is called ________
- List two materials needed for making maracas.
Conclusion: Teacher concludes the lesson by evaluating the students and gives an assignment
- List three steps for making maracas
⇓ Fully Funded Scholarships ⇓
We built School Portal NG to specially serve as an alternative means to provide free education for the less-privileged children or children born to low-income earners, adults who otherwise cannot afford to finance their way through school.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, but this portal is free. Help to keep this learning portal free by donating or supporting us. We accept donations, grants, sponsorships & support to help reach out to more children. Thank you so much. Click here to donate