The following are ways we can care and maintain crop and animal farm tools in other for them to work effectively and prevent them from getting damaged.
- Clean the tools after use by washing and drying them under the sun or in a cool place.
- Use the tools for the purpose for which they are made.
- Store tools cleaned, in a safe and dry place after use.
- Sharpen the tools in a termite free area.
- Repair all broken or damaged parts.
- Oil and grease or lubricate moveable parts of the tools to reduce friction.
- Keep records of the movement of farm tools.
- Do not store in head pans and watering cans place upside down after use to ensure proper drying.
- Do not leave tools with sharp parts carelessly around.
- Do not allow children to play with tools.
REASONS FOR MAINTAINING AND CARING FOR FARM TOOLS
*To reduce durability
*T o increase efficiency
*Reduce cost of replacement
*For safety of the user/avoid accidents.
*Avoid damage to the tools.
CONTROL MEASURES OF FARM AND ANIMALS TOOLS.
Farm and animals tools can be controlled using;
- Biological control measures
- Cultural control measures
- Chemical control measures
Farm and animal tools can be controlled using the following:
Biological control measures: since some of the farm tools parts are made of wood and some insect, bacterial, termite attack wood. Such tool can be maintained by using bio control agent to prevent wood disinfection by using antifungal antibiotics like antinomycetes and Streptomyces.
Cultural control measures; is done by ensuring all farm tool are clean and kept in the right place after use to prevent damages and accident.
Chemical control measures: chemical preventive methods are used on farm tools to prevent them from decaying and rusting by applying chemical during or after production of the farm tools. Like applying paint on some part of the farm tools to prevent it from rusting.
Strategies & Activities:
Step: Teacher revises the previous topic.
Step 2: Teacher introduces the new topic.
Step3: Teacher explains the new topic.
Step4: Teacher welcomes pupils questions.
Step5: Teacher evaluates the pupils.
Assessment & Evaluation:
- Define simple animals’ farm tools
- List some examples of simple animal farm tools.
- State the description of some simple animal farm tools
Do You Like Our Lesson? Please Leave A Comment Below ↓