KEYS ON KEYBOARD
A keyboard is an input device that resemble a typewriter, which is used to type text, numbers, symbols, commands and to give instructions to the computer.
- Alphanumeric keys: These are used to type letters and numbers, the letters A – Z, a – z and the digital 0 – 9.
- Punctuation Keys: These are used to type punctuation marks like comma and period.
- Arrow keys or movement keys, left, right, up and down keys. These are the keys that are used to navigate through a document.
- Numeric keys: These are keys with digital 0-9 and mathematical symbols. It can be found at the right-most of the keyboard.
- Special key: These keys have special functions assigned to them and can be used only for those specific purposes. Functions of some of the important keys are defined below.
- Enter: It is similar to the “RETURN” key of the program. It is also used to move to a new line when starting a paragraph.
- Space bar: It is used to enter a space at the current cursor location.
- Backspace: This key is used to move the cursor one position to the left and to delete a character at the cursor position to the left.
- Delete: It is used to delete a character at the cursor to the right
- Caps lock: Caps lock is used to toggle between the capital lock features. When “ON”, it locks the alphanumeric keypad for capital letters input only.
- CTRL: Control key is used in conjunction with other keys to provide additional function on the keyboard.
- Function keys: These are the keys located at the top most row on the keyboard. They are labelled f1, f2, f3… f12. These keys are used to carry out operations as assigned or defined by the software in use.
- Define keyboard
- Mention five (5) keys on the keyboard and explain their functions.
⇓ Fully Funded Scholarships ⇓
We built School Portal NG to specially serve as an alternative means to provide free education for the less-privileged children or children born to low-income earners, adults who otherwise cannot afford to finance their way through school.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, but this portal is free. Help to keep this learning portal free by donating or supporting us. We accept donations, grants, sponsorships & support to help reach out to more children. Thank you so much. Click here to donate