In general Literature means “Written language” – everything that is “written” and this includes texts produced in disciplines such as Law, Science, Sports, Religion, History, Economics, Technology e.t.c.
What is literature as a subject of study?
Literature is a creative or imaginative work of art that is produced by a novelist, poet, or playwright. It minors the society.
English Literature and Literature-In-English
English Literature is generally seen as beginning with the epic poem Beowulf that dates from between the 8th to the 11th centuries the most famous work in Old English, which has achieved national epic status in England, despite being Scandinavia. On the other hand, Literature In English focuses on literary works from other British colonies, including the U.S.
Reasons for the study of Literature
(Aims and Objective)
- We can vicariously travel to other places, even outer space
- We can learn from the profound thinkers of the world
- We can learn to express ourselves better in writing
- We can increase our vocabulary
- We can divert ourselves from our daily problems
- We can be entertained, laugh and be amused
- We can be lifted to a higher (more noble) emotional level
- We can be lifted to a higher (more noble) moral level
- We can fantasize and develop our imaginations
- We can go on exciting adventures
- We can learn more about a society and ourselves
What is Literary Appreciation?
Literary Appreciation means the analysis, criticism and understanding of literature.
Thus, if you discuss the meaning of a piece of poem, write an essay on it or analyses it, that is Literary Appreciation.
- Explain the term Literary Appreciation
- Mention 11 reasons for studying Literature
⇓ Fully Funded Scholarships ⇓
⇓School Portal NG Android App⇓
We built School Portal NG to specially serve as an alternative means to provide free education for the less-privileged children or children born to low-income earners, adults who otherwise cannot afford to finance their way through school.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, but this portal is free. Help to keep this learning portal free by donating or supporting us. We accept donations, grants, sponsorships & support to help reach out to more children. Thank you so much. Click here to donate