INTRODUCTION TO PHYSICS
- Definition & Importance of Physics.
- Aspects/Career in Physics.
- Branches of physics.
DEFINITION OF PHYSICS
The word ‘’PHYSICS’’ originates from the Greek word, ‘’PHYSIS’’, which means nature and natural characteristics. Physics as a body of scientific knowledge, deals with the study of events in the universe, both remote and immediate universe. In actual sense, physics deals with the behaviour of matter as well as the interaction of matter and natural forces. Physics is the study of matter in relation to energy.
IMPORTANCE OF PHYSICS
- Physics is constantly striving to make sense of the universe. This is seen in the development of theories and new theories used for better understanding of the universe.
- When we study physics, we acquire the knowledge and skills to understand how and why natural things happen the way they do, and to make reliable predictions about their future occurrences. (e.g mirage, eclipse, earthquake, thunder,…)
- The knowledge of physics gives us a better understanding of our immediate and natural environment.
- The study of physics has enhanced the communication and the transportation world, thus, making the world a ‘’global village’’.
- Human health has been improved from the study of physics through the invention of modern medical equipment.
- What Greek word is physics derived from?
- Define physics.
- State five importance of physics.
⇓ Fully Funded Scholarships ⇓
We built School Portal NG to specially serve as an alternative means to provide free education for the less-privileged children or children born to low-income earners, adults who otherwise cannot afford to finance their way through school.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, but this portal is free. Help to keep this learning portal free by donating or supporting us. We accept donations, grants, sponsorships & support to help reach out to more children. Thank you so much. Click here to donate