MEANING OF COLLAGE
The definition of a collage is a piece of art created by combining photos, clippings or small objects onto a surface. It is an art work made by putting different pieces of materials to a flat surface to form a shape.
The procedures involve cutting and gluing different pieces of materials to a flat surface. Sometimes it does not involve cutting but putting many whole materials together. For example, picture collage involves putting many pictures together to form a picture.
MATERIALS NEEDED TO CREATE A COLLAGE
- A board
- Paint or colouring pencil
- Pencils, markers, and pens
- Gum or glue
- Newspaper or magazine
FUNCTIONS OF COLLAGE
- It determines idea and concept
- It brings visual elements together
STEPS IN MAKING PAPER COLLAGE
- Decide what you want to collage
- Find inspiration
- Sort your materials
- Plan your collage
- Start collaging by gluing together.
Strategies & Activities:
Step: Teacher revises the previous topic.
Step 2: Teacher introduces the new topic.
Step3: Teacher explains the new topic.
Step4: Teacher welcomes pupils’ questions.
Step5: Teacher evaluates the pupils.
Assessment & Evaluation:
- Define collage
- List the materials needed for collage
- Mention the functions of collage
List 5 materials needed for collage
Mention 4 function of collage