MEANING OF CHOREOGRAPHY
Choreography is the art or practice of designing sequences of movements of physical bodies in which motion, form or both are specified.Choreography is the art of composing ballets and other dances, planning and arranging the movements, steps, and patterns of dancers. Choreography is used in a variety of fields which include musical theatre, cheerleading, cinematography ,gymnastics, fashion shows, ice skating ,marching band, show choir, theatre,synchronized swimming , artistry, video game production and animated art.
PRINCIPLES OF CHOREOGRAPHY
- Conception of the dance idea.
- Gathering of the movements.
- Creating the final structure and perfecting the performance.
MEANING OF CHOREOGRAPHER
A choreographer is one who creates choreographies by practicing the art of choreography,a process known as choreographing.
- Define choreography.
- Mention the principles of choreography.
- Define collage.
- State the three collage requirements.
- What is mosaic?
- State the collage procedures.
- What are elements of art and design?
- ____ is the movements used by dancers especially in performing ballet. (a) Choreography (b) Dancers (c) Mime (d)None of the above.
- Skilled dancers who design and arrange sequence of uniform body movements are called ____ (a) poet (b) choreographer (c) dancer (d) artiste
- Choreography is a form of public entertainment and a means of earning a living. (a) True (b) False (c) Maybe (d) Not sure
- Choreography can be performed live on stage and on the dance floor. (a) True (b) False (c) Not sure (d) Maybe
- An example of choreography is ____ (a) ballet (b) tap dance (c) comic dance (d) tango dance
- Mention three relevant fields of choreography.
- State the principles of choreography.