- It helps in developing youth potentials: This helps them develop the right attitude and skills that will make them contribute meaningfully to the nation building.
- It reduces youth delinquency: It helps to reduce crime rate, negative behaviour and violence among the youths in the nation.
- It helps in investing in the future of the youth: investment in youth lives is wise it pays off in the long run.
- Promotion of self-reliance: Youth empowerment expose youth to vocational training of different types that equip them to be self-employed. They become employers of labours rather than applicant.
- It helps in discovering and developing youth leadership skills
- It helps in building youth ego and self-esteem. A youth may count himself useless in a society just because he is from a poor family, but with youth empowerment programmes, such youth may discover that he has a lot of talent and skills others do not have that are from a rich home. Such youth self-esteem become boosted and think of ways to excel in his life using the bundle of skills in them.
- It equips youth with the skills to handle like problems: youth are thought various strategies to face life problems. Such knowledge reduces cultism, and other consequences of youth inability to handle difficult situations in life.
Write out eight (8) problems of youth empowerment in Nigeria
SUBSCRIBE BELOW FOR A GIVEAWAY