MEANING OF TEAM WORK
Team work involves a group of people working together to achieve a common goal. Team work is a joint or collaborative effort that involves a group of people working well together to achieve a common goal.Team work is the combined action of a group,especially when effective and efficient.Team work can also be defined as the cooperative or coordinated effort on the part of a group of people acting together as a team or in the interest of a common cause.
Co-operation is fundamental for a team of people to achieve success in whatever they do. Everyone involved must unite to achieve a common goal.On the contrary, a team of people is bound to fail if there is lack of co-operation.
MEANING OF SENSE OF BELONGING
Sense of belonging is the feeling that someone is accepted and connected to a family and community.Sense of belonging can be defined as a state of not feeling lonely and depressed. A sense of belonging reduces your chances of experiencing loneliness and depression. Viewing this theme from a psychological perspective, sense of belonging is a basic human need, with many psychologists discussing this need as being at the level of importance of that as food, water and shelter. A sense of belonging can be so powerful that it can create both value in life and the ability to learn healthy coping skills when experiencing intensive and painful emotions.
There comes a time in one’s life when the person feels lonely and disconnected from family and friends.The person becomes sad, lonely and depressed. Suffice to say that these experiences are pivotal in human growth and development. For other individuals, it causes repeated and serious depression and anxiety,while attacking a sense of direction in their lives.
IMPORTANCE OF TEAM WORK
- Team work brings about a smooth running of a production process.
- Team work enables the entire production team to achieve success at the end of the execution of a project.
- Team work fosters unity among the members involved in the production and execution of a project.
- Team work makes the entire production team to have a sense of direction in order to achieve a specific goal.
- Teamwork makesthe work at hand faster and easier.
- Teamwork creates room for interaction among members of the production team.
- Teamwork enables the members of the production team to maximize their strength and reduce weakness.
- Teamwork encourages division of labour among members of the production team.
HOW TO ACHIEVE A SENSE OF BELONGING
This can be achieved by building a sense of belonging, confidenceand loyalty which can be accomplished when employees feel that the workis their sole responsibility and with the zeal to handle the work well. The individual can also work closely with other employees and feel free to share his or her opinion without the fear of being sidelined.
- Define teamwork and sense of belonging respectively.
- State two importance of teamwork.
GENERAL EVALUATION / REVISION QUESTIONS
- Explain the history of any two art cultures in Nigeria.
- State the three categories of people involved in drama and theatre.
- State two duties of the director in drama production.
- Who is a drama director?
- State one basic duty of a scriptwriter.
- A production team stands a chance of achieving success when they have the spirit of ………… (a) disunity (b) teamwork (c) None of the above (d) All of the above.
- Sense of belonging is all about one being accepted and connected to something.(a)True (b)False (c) Maybe (d)Not sure
- Which of the following is NOT a way of achieving a sense of belonging? (a) Attribution retraining (b) Tolerance (c) Not connecting with others. (d) Carefulness
- Teamwork is solely based on which one of the following. (a) Co-operation (b) Trust (c) Integrity (d) Humility
- Teamwork among a production team is the bedrock ofthe team achieving success in the execution of any project. (a) True (b) False (c) Maybe (d) Not sure
- What is teamwork?
- List two ways a person achieves a sense of belonging.
Do You Like Our Lesson? Please Leave A Comment Below ↓