Honesty is defined as the quality of being truthful or the act of being straight forward.
Attributes/Qualities of honesty
- Truth: an honest person does not lie, he is never biased in his discussions.
- Respect: an honest person respects the opinion of other people.
- Reliability: an honest person is dependable
- Obedience: an obedient person is faithful and cannot deviate from the truth. Most obedient people are honest.
- Hard work: honest people are hard working. They do not believe in malpractices, cheating, bribery and corruption
- Friendship: honest people have many friends and well-wishers.
Benefits of honesty
- Favour: honest people easily get favour and assistance from other people than dishonest people.
- Responsibility: an honest person can and would be given a position of responsibility than a dishonest person.
- Defence: an honest person can be defended when attacked by people of eicked intentions.
- Patronage: an honest person in business can easily be patronized than a dishonest person in the same trade.
Consequences of dishonesty
- Lack of progress – dishonesty parents growth and progress in an individual and society.
- Lack of respect – when a person is dishonest, he will not be respected by the people.
- Malpractices – dishonesty can lead to examination malpractice. A dishonest student will cheat, in an examination. He can also engage in 419.
- Stealing – a dishonest person can engage in stealing and armed-robbery
- Hatred – dishonest person is not liked by people and God. People hate those that tell lies. God sees such people as sinners and would not answer their prayers.
- Define the term “honesty”
- Identify five attributes of honesty
Mention and explain four benefits of honesty
Do You Like Our Lesson? Please Leave A Comment Below ↓