HISTORY SS 1 SCHEME OF WORK
HISTORY SS 1 – FIRST TERM
Historiography and Historical Skills
1. What History is and why we teach History
2. Sources of History and Dating
3. Historical skills (ancient and modern approaches)
4. Prospects of ICT in Historical Studies
Pre-Colonial Nigeria I
5. Land and peoples of Nigeria
6. Traditions of origin and Historical links among certain groups.
7. Early Centres of Civilization in Nigeria
8. The State Formation Process. (Centralised and Non-Centralised States)
a) Centralised States
b) Non-Centralised States 1. Social Political Organization.
Aspects of the History of the non-centralised states of Nigeria.
HISTORY SS 1 – SECOND TERM
1. Kanem and Bornu to 1800.
2. The Hausa States to 1800.
4. The Jukun
5. Ife and Oyo
7. The Efik
8. Inter-group relations a) Economic activities and Inter-group relations.
9. The Impact of Migrations, War and Politics on Inter-group Relations.
HISTORY SS 1 – THIRD TERM
1. Indigenous Technology, Crafts and Industries.
2. Early external influences: a) Contact with North African Trade and Islam 1. The Trans Saharan
3. Islam in Kanem Bornu
4. Islam in Hausa land
5. Early European Contacts with the Coastal States.
6. Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade Origin of the Atlantic Slave Trade
7. Organization of the slave trade.
8. The effects of the Atlantic slave trade.
DATA PROCESSING SSS 1 SCHEME OF WORK
YORUBA SSS 1 SCHEME OF WORK
MATHEMATICS (MATHS) SSS 1 SCHEME OF WORK
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, that is why you see other elearning websites charge fees. Help to keep this learning portal free by telling mum or dad to donate or support us. We accept grants, sponsorships & support to help take this to the next big level and reach out to more people. Thank you so much. Click here to donate