Keeping our surroundings clean
We can keep our surroundings clean by doing the following:
- Sweeping and cleaning the house regularly.
- Sweeping the classroom and the school compound every day.
- Putting refuse in the dustbin.
- Flushing the toilet after use.
- Passing waste in no other place but the toilet.
- Cleaning the drains and gutters.
Ensuring å clean environment
We can make sure our environment remains clean and tidy in the following ways:
- We must provide enough dustbins.
- The school authorities should inspect the school every day.
- We must place things in their proper places all the time.
- We should make sure that the grass is kept short, and all flowers are trimmed.
- We should build good drains.
- We should not throw litter into the drains, in order not to block them.
Step I: Teacher revises the previous topic.
Step II: Teacher introduces the new topic “Health issues”
Step III: Teacher explains ways of keeping our environment clean
Step IV: Teacher explains ways of ensuring clean environment.
Step V: Pupils copy the note and submit for marking
- Mention three ways in which we can keep our surroundings clean.
- State four things which we can do to make sure our environment remain clean.
- Give two reasons why we should live in å clean environment.