Harmful substances are food, water, fruits, and drugs that are unfit for us to take into our body. We can get ill if we eat dirty food or drink dirty water. We can also get ill if we buy and take bad or expired drugs. Harmful substances can be found in the school, home, church, mosque, market etc.
Examples of harmful substances
The substances that are harmful to our bodies include:
- Rotten food
- Expired tinned foods or drugs
- Unripe fruits
- Impure (dirty) water
- Poorly cooked food
- Infested foods: Foods that have been exposed to dirt and germs.
- Too much alcohol
Dangers of harmful substances to the body
The following are the different dangers harmful substance can bring to our bodies.
- Drinking dirty water causes sickness to the body.
- Taking harmful substances affect the way we grow.
- Eating unripe fruit causes stomachache.
- Taking expired drugs can lead to another illness or even death.
- Smoking cigarette may cause lung diseases.
- A driver that takes excess alcohol may have accident
Step I: Teacher revises the previous topic
Step II: Teacher introduces the new topic ” Harmful substances ”
Step III: Teacher mentions examples of harmful substances
Step IV: Teacher lists and explains the danger of harmful substances.
Step V: Pupils contribute and ask questions
- If we eat dirty food, we can get ______________. A well B ill C fat
- One example of harmful substances is ______________ A pure water B clean water C impure water
- Eating unripe fruit causes ______________. A headache B malaria C stomachache
- We must avoid ______________. A alcohol and cigarette B well-cooked foo C water
- What are harmful substances?
- List three examples of harmful substances
- Mention three places they can be found.
- Write two dangers of taking harmful substances
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, that is why you see other elearning websites charge fees. Help to keep this learning portal free by telling mum or dad to donate or support us. We accept grants, sponsorships & support to help take this to the next big level and reach out to more people. Thank you so much. Click here to donate