Global international cooperation is the coming together of different nations or countries of the world to pursue a common goal for the benefit of all. It is the collaboration of nations in politics, economic and social issues for the common good of all nations.
STRATEGIES OF GLOBAL INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION
- International Conferences: This is hen issues of international concern are discussed at international meetings, summits, conferences, etc.
- International Trade: This is the type of trade that exists between two or more countries of the world. It is a means of bringing nations together for the exchange of goods and services.
- International Organization: These are associations of nations that help to facilitate cooperation among nations of the world. United Nations Organization, Economic Community of West Africa State (ECOWAS), Organization of Africa Unity (OAU), etc are examples of international organizations.
- Bilateral/Multilateral Agreement: This is the agreement reached between two or more nations of the world to pursue an interest of common benefit.
- United Nations Resolutions: Decisions taken by the General Assembly or Security Council of the United Nations can be used to secure cooperation of nations over global issues.
POSITIVE CONSEQUENCES OF GLOBAL INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION
- It enhances global peace and security.
- It helps to promote international trade.
- It helps to enhance foreign investment.
- It helps to promote sporting activities among nations such as FIFA, Commonwealth Games, etc.
- It helps to promote culture internationally.
- It helps in technology transfer.
NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCES OF GLOBAL INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION
- It can lead to undue interference in the internal affairs of a nation.
- It can lead to social problems such as indecent dressing and other social vices.
- It can lead to over dependence of poor nations on the rich nations.
- It can make a nation a dumping ground of inferior goods.
- It can lead to importation of dangerous goods into a country.
- It can lead to unhealthy rivalry among nations.