Geographic Information System can be applied in different field which include defence, agriculture, mining, transport, urban planning, census, surveying etc.
Problems of GIS in Nigeria
- Inadequate power
- Inadequate personnel
- Inadequate capital
- Poor communication
- Low level of technology
- Lack of GIS institutions.
GIS data represents real objects (such as roads, land use, elevation, trees, waterways, etc.). Real objects can be divided into two abstractions: discrete objects (e.g., a house) and continuous fields (such as rainfall amount, or elevations). Traditionally, there are two broad methods used to store data in a GIS for both kinds of abstractions mapping references: raster images and vector.
GENERAL EVALUATION QUESTIONS
- What is GIS?
- Mention two features that can be represented with GIS.
- State three cultural features.
- Mention five physical features in your environment
- Define geography.
- The instrument used in measuring the intensity of earthquake is called (a) barograph (b) binocular (c) seismograph (d) thermometer
- Fold mountains are formed mainly by (a) compressional forces (b) earthquake (c) erosional activities (d) eruption of molten magma
- “They are crystalline, non-stratified, hard and impervious”. The rock type described above is (a) calcareous (b) carbonaceous (c) igneous (d) sedimentary
- The shortest distance between any two points on the earth is along the (a) great circle (b) grid line (c) prime meridian (d) poles
- River capture is also known as river (a) confluence (b) divide (c) misfit (d) piracy
- List four areas of application of GIS.
- Explain two major problems affecting the application of GIS.
- geographic information systems
- geographic information system definition
- geographic information systems jobs
- geographic information system example
- geographic information system definition geography
- geographic information systems ap human geography
- geographic information systems degree
- geographic information systems salary
- geographic information system in a sentence
- geographic information systems certificate
⇓ Fully Funded Scholarships ⇓
We built School Portal NG to specially serve as an alternative means to provide free education for the less-privileged children or children born to low-income earners, adults who otherwise cannot afford to finance their way through school.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, but this portal is free. Help to keep this learning portal free by donating or supporting us. We accept donations, grants, sponsorships & support to help reach out to more children. Thank you so much. Click here to donate