These are letters we write to people in their official positions.
Features of a formal letter
- Writer’s Address and Date: This is written at the top right hand corner. The date is written beneath the address.
- Receiver’s Address: This is written at the left hand corner beneath the writer’s address.
- Salutation: The acceptable salutation is Dear Sir or Dear Madam.
- Heading or Topic or Title: This is written below the salutation
- Introduction: This should be straight forward and precise
- Body of the letter: This should consist of at least three well developed paragraph.
- Conclusion: this should be done in a paragraph.
- Subscript (Complimentary close): The acceptable closing is ‘Yours faithfully’ followed by a comma.The signature is appended beneath the closing with the full name written below the signature.
Sample Question: Write a letter to the Commissioner of Education, informing him about the plan of your council to engage in the expansion of the only secondary school in your town and howthe council intends to implement its programme of aid to the school.
P.O. Box 30,
14th October, 2019
Ministry of Education,
Expansion Programme for Baptist College
Body of the Letter
These are the letters we write to people who are very familiar to us.
Features of an informal letter.
- Writer’s Address and Date
- Body of the letter
Evaluation: Write a letter to your friend who is in another school about your annual inter-house sports which you celebrated recently.
- formal letter format
- formal letter
- formal letter example
- formal letter of resignation
- formal letter heading
- formal letter closings
- formal letter layout
- formal letter greetings
- formal letter sample
- formal letter of resignation template
- informal letter
- informal letter format
- informal letter example
- informal letter greetings
- informal letter closings
- informal letter of resignation
- informal letter to a friend
- informal letter generator
- informal letter meaning
- informal letter in spanish example