What is Food spoilage? Food spoilage is the deterioration of food, making it unfit for human consumption. Food poisoning is the illness caused by eating contaminated food.
Causes of Food Spoilage
- Poor storage of foods
- Chemicals present in food containers wrappers and packets
- Keeping food for too long until it rots, wilts or withers.
Cover cooked foods to keep off bacteria, pests and pets.
Milk should not be stored together with strong smelling foods as it absorbs their smell.
– Chemicals in Food
– Canned Meat
– Chocolate wrapper
– Prolonged Storage
– Mould Bread
– Rotten Meat
Food poisoning and food spoilage can be prevented by:
- Storing harmful chemicals such as kerosene, detergents away from food.
- Thoroughly drying grains before storage and then storing them in a clean dry and well ventilated grain store.
- Not buying foods that have expired or are about to expire.
- Washing hands, preparing, cooking and serving food in a clean environment.
- Washing fruits and vegetables before using them.
Signs and Symptoms of Food Poisoning
– Violent vomiting
– High fever
– Severe abdominal pain
– General body weakness
⇓ Fully Funded Scholarships ⇓
We built School Portal NG to specially serve as an alternative means to provide free education for the less-privileged children or children born to low-income earners, adults who otherwise cannot afford to finance their way through school.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, but this portal is free. Help to keep this learning portal free by donating or supporting us. We accept donations, grants, sponsorships & support to help reach out to more children. Thank you so much. Click here to donate