USES OF FLOWER IN THE FUNCTIONAL AREAS OF THE HOME
- Flowers add beauty to the room and also provide a pleasing atmosphere
- Flowers give soothing effect to the room
- Flowers give sweet fragrance all the time
- Flowers are pleasing to the eyes, refresh our body and mind
- Flowers do not only create aesthetic sense but spruce up the place they are used at.
- Flowers cheer up the emotions and express love for every member of the family.
SOME COMMON FLOWERS
Pride of Barbados
Queen of the night
TYPES OF FLOWER ARRANGEMENT
There are different types of flower arrangements, which are suitable for different places and occasions. Some of them are:
- Horizontal arrangement for dining and ceremonial high tables
- Oral arrangements for large space
- Crescent arrangement for dining tables
- Circular arrangement for large space
- Vertical arrangement for narrow space
- Triangular arrangement for centre of table.
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR FLOWER ARRANGEMENT
- Flower vases
- Pair of scissors or sharp knife
- Flower holder e.g. pin holders, small pebbles, floral foam
- Little sugar.
Draw and label 6 types of flower arrangement.