means tiredness. It can be define as a state of being excessively tired or a state of being tired.
CAUSES OF FATIGUE
- Lack of food
- When one is sad
- Hunger or lack of food
- Dislike of the task at hand
EFFECTS OF FATIGUE
- Fatigue makes you feel very dull, weak and not willing to do anything..
- It makes you want to lie down all day.
- It causes unhappiness, irritation and unfriendliness.
- Explain the term fatigue
- State two causes of fatigue
TREATMENT OF FATIGUE
- Give yourself enough rest.
- Do not play or work too much in a day.
- Eat balance food regularly.
- Avoid anxiety as much as possible.
PREVENTION OF FATIGUE
1 Plan your work before time.
2 Maintain good posture at work.
- Avoid too much work at a time.
- Eat proper and regular meals daily.
- Use the best posture for a given task.
- Break a big task into smaller tasks and do them in bits.
- Define the word fatigue.
- Explain in two ways how fatigue can be treated.
Exercise is an act of involving our body to perform some activities. eg, walking, jumping, dancing, swimming etc. It is another way of refreshing the body and mind.
IMPORTANCE OF EXERCISE
- It increases the flow of blood to the muscles.
- It aids digestion and prevent constipation.
- It helps tomaintain sound sleep.
- It provides a good means of using our leisure time.
- It help to reduce excess weight.
- It helps the body to get rid of excess salt through sweat.
- It teaches us to persevere, be at alert and have the spirit of cooperation with others.
GUIDELINES FOR EXERCISING THE BODY
- Start with the simplest form.
- Exercise should be done in an open and airy place.
- Do not engage in exercise immediately after a meal
- Wear light and loose clothes during exercise.
- Set aside time for exercise.
- Exercise regularly.
CONSEQUENCES OF USING DRUGS IN EXERCISE AND SPORTS
- Drugs energize the user and make him to perform more than expected.
- They lead to misbehavior of the user while doing exercise.
- Some able bodied youths who could have been useful in sports might become drop outs.
- Opponents may be wounded.
- They cheat other opponents as drugs can enhance their performance in sports.
Rest is the act of relaxing either by sitting or lying down. During rest, the mind and muscles are relaxed but you are still awake and aware or conscious of what is happening around you.
Sleep is a complete or a deeper form of rest. During sleep, you become unaware or unconscious of what is happening around you. Adequate sleep helps the muscles to grow and store energy for use later.
IMPORTANCE OF SLEEP AND REST
- They enable the body system work smoothly.
- They reduce body tension.
- They make one feel fresher and stronger when one wakes up.
- They allow one to build up energy for later use.
- They are cure for fatigue.
- It makes the worn-out tissues to be replaced.
GUIDELINES FOR SLEEP AND REST
1 Avoid tight wears during rest or sleeping.
2 Always rest or sleep in a good and ventilated area.
3 Always maintain a good posture during resting or sleeping.
4 Always go to bed early.
5 Rest after each meal.
GENERAL EVALUATION QUESTIONS
- Define the following: (a) rest (b) sleep (c) fatigue (d) exercise
- In two ways explain the importance of rest and sleep.
- What is exercise?
- State two importance of exercise
- State two consequences of using drugs during exercise.
WEEKEND ASSIGNMENT (SECTION A)
- ——– is the act of relaxing either by sitting or lying down (a) Exercise (b) Sleep (c) Posture (d) Rest
- ——– is a complete or deeper form of rest. (a) Sleep (b) Exercise (c) Rest (d) Eating
- ——– helps to reduce body tension (a)Rest (b) Exercise (c) Food. (d) Sleep
- The act of carrying oneself in the right position is called……… (a) Good posture (b) position
- ——— aids digestion and prevent constipation. (a) exercise (b)drugs (c)posture (d)rest.
- Define the following: (a) Fatigue (b) Rest (c) Sleep (d) Exercise
- Explain three ways on how good posture could be maintained
⇓ Fully Funded Scholarships ⇓
We built School Portal NG to specially serve as an alternative means to provide free education for the less-privileged children or children born to low-income earners, adults who otherwise cannot afford to finance their way through school.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, but this portal is free. Help to keep this learning portal free by donating or supporting us. We accept donations, grants, sponsorships & support to help reach out to more children. Thank you so much. Click here to donate