EMINENT NIGERIANS OBTAINED FREEDOM FOR THEIR PEOPLE
Our great leaders achieved political freedom for us in Nigeria. The success of Moses in gaining freedom for Israelites through determination, perseverance and help from God, has inspired great men of all ages to struggle and achieved freedom for their people. Just like the case of Nigeria in the era of great nationalists such as:
- Herbert Macaulay
- Nnmadi Azikwe
- Obafemi Awolowo
- Anthony Enahoro
- Tafawa Balewa
- Amadu Bello
- Aminu Kano
- Ernest Ikoli
- Funmilayo Ransom Kuti
- Margaret Ekpo etc
All these people worked hard in order to liberate Nigeria from the shackles of Colonialism. The contemporary society cannot forget the impact of these great people for their role in Nigerian independence. Today, we can say we are part of the nation just like the experience of the Israelites during the leadership of Moses.
THE FUTURE LEADERS
The children are the future leaders, the adults are the present leaders in Nigeria today who are providing service to the nation. The children will definitely take over from the adult, that is one of the reasons why the children were sent to school to acquire the necessary knowledge that will enable them to perform their duties as expected.
QUALITIES OF A GOOD LEADER
From the story of Moses, Joshua, Deborah, and Gideon; it is clear that a good leader is the person who is ready to serve. He leads people by serving them. He should be ready to serve in any capacity and in any part of the country where his/her serve is needed. His major concern should be to render service to God and Mankind.
- How can we prepare for future?
- What are the qualities of a good leader?
- Discuss the challenges of leaders in Nigeria.
- How can a christian become a leader in the society.
- What are the differences between good and bad leaders?
- Highlight the potentials of the followers when the leaders are bad.
- Joshua was the son of Nun who served God ___ (a) dishonestly (b) Faithfully (c) with impureness.
- Joshua led the Israelites to ___ land (a) Cana (b) Caanan (c) Mount Sinai (d) Amorith.
- The following were some of the leaders that fought for Nigerian freedom except ___ (a) zik (b) Awo (c) Moses (d) Balewa
- Awolowo was from ___ part of Nigeria (a) South (b) East (c) North (d) West.
- Eminent Nigerians got the independence from the ___ (a) Colonial master (b) American leaders (c) freedom fighters (d) German protectorate
- Give two qualities of a worthy leader.
- State the advantages of Nigeria independence since 1960.