EFFECTS OF ROAD ACCIDENT
Accident can be defined as a sudden occurrence that causes injury on the victims/road users. It can also cause damage to the vehicles or properties
There are three categories of accidents.
- Fatal accident – when life is lost
- Serious accident – when there are injuries
- Minor accident – when there are no injuries
Effects of disobeying traffic rules and regulations
When people fail to obey the traffic rule many things happens such as:
- Accidents occur which may affect both the motorists and the pedestrians.
- Traffic jam/congestion occur.
- Time is wasted as a result of traffic jam.
- There could be loss of lives and property.
- One could pay fine after arrest
- Conflicts may occur which may disturb other road users.
- It could affects ones business activities for the day such as getting to work late.
How to prevent road traffic accident.
- Drivers should maintain a modest speed limit such as 100km per hour for cars etc.
- Over loading of vehicles should be avoided
- Vehicles and their parts should be in good condition before putting them on the road.
- Motorists should avoid overtaking at dangerous/illegal parts/corners.
- Drivers should take enough rest when tried or feeling sleepy.
- Motorists should always consider or tolerate others road users to prevent traffic jam and accident.
Things to do (steps to take) when accident occur
- Caution sign should be placed close to the scene of accidents
- One can type the bleeding parts of the accidents victim
- Fix a plank and a cloth on a fractured body
- Put the head of a slumped by the side.
- Do not give the victim anything to drink until they are fit to do so.
- The victim can be taken to the hospital for needed attention after the application of the First Aids.
- Define accident
- State the three categories of accidents
Mention five ways of preventing road accidents.