The effects of environmental pollution can be dangerous to life and properties. The following are the effects of pollution:
Effects of Air Pollution
- Air pollution causes irritation in the throat, nose, lungs and eyes.
- It brings about global warming (greenhouse effect).
- It causes breathing problems.
- It aggravates existing health conditions such as asthma.
- Increases the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- It produces acid rain.
- Air pollution results in the depletion of ozone layer.
Effects of Land Pollution
- Dump sites produce bad smell and odour the environment.
- Land pollutants like broken bottles can cause injuries in human.
- Landfills breed rodents like rats, mice and insects, that in turn transmit diseases.
- Many landfills are usually burnt and they cause further air pollution.
- Land pollution causes problems in the human respiratory system.
- Land pollution results in land wastage.
- It makes the surrounding look unattractive and discourage visitors.
Effects of Water Pollution
- It leads to death of aquatic (water) animals.
- It disrupts the food-chains of organisms.
- Water pollution causes various diseases such as typhoid and diarrhea.
- It destroys the ecosystem.
- It reduces the source of good water for various activities.
Effects of Noise Pollution
- Unwanted sound (noise) can damage psychological health.
- Noise pollution can cause hypertension, high stress level, and other harmful effects.
- It interferes with normal activities such as sleeping, conversation, or disrupts
- Noise diminishes one’s quality of life.
5. Chronic exposure to noise may cause noise-induced hearing loss.
⇓ Fully Funded Scholarships ⇓
We built School Portal NG to specially serve as an alternative means to provide free education for the less-privileged children or children born to low-income earners, adults who otherwise cannot afford to finance their way through school.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, but this portal is free. Help to keep this learning portal free by donating or supporting us. We accept donations, grants, sponsorships & support to help reach out to more children. Thank you so much. Click here to donate