DRUGS ABUSE – EFFECTS ON THE HUMAN HEALTH
- Drug abuse can be defined as misuse of drugs.
- Drugs are chemical compounds that affect the working of body or kill disease causing microorganisms.
- There are drugs prescribed by a doctor.
- Prescribed drugs can be abused through taking overdose which may cause death. Over the counter drugs(OCD)
- Are self-prescribed drugs.
- These have harmful effects and may lead to tolerance such that higher doses are needed.
Below is a list of effects of hard drugs on human health
- Lung cancer caused by nicotine.
- Liver cirrhosis -caused by alcohol.
- Interferes with vision – alcohol.
- Sterility – khat (rniraa).
- Sleeplessness – insomnia – khat (miraa).
- Hallucinations – Canabis sativa (Bang i).
- Digestive system is upset, nausea.
- Diarrhoea and vomiting.
- Headache and double vision.
- Skin tone changes – e.g. too dark.
- Appetite is extreme – very poor or very great.
- Weight loss.
- Personality changes e.g. irritable and confused.
- Convulsions, lethargy and depressions due to inhalation of solvents e.g. glue.
THE ROLE OF ENDOCRINE SYSTEM IN HUMAN BEINGS
FUNCTIONS OF MAJOR PARTS OF THE HUMAN BRAIN
PRODUCTION OF AUXINS AND THEIR EFFECTS ON PLANT GROWTH
SUBSCRIBE BELOW FOR A GIVEAWAY