A drug is a chemical substance which affects the action of the body.
IMPORTANCE OF DRUG
- It saves life
- It relieves pain
- It relieve suffering
- It helps to fight against diseases
- It promotes food health.
This is the act of using drugs without the doctor’s advice and prescription.
This refers to the use of drugs for purpose for which it was not intended or using a drug excessively
It is a state in which a person physically or psychologically depends on a drug(s) for survival.
Causes of Drug Abuse
- Lack of Self-Confidence
- Peer Group Pressure
- Frustration and Stress
Side Effects of Drug Abuse
- It leads to bad behavior such as crime, violence and murder
- It can change the working of some of the body’s organs permanently
- It can damage the sense of reasoning
- It gradually damages the liver and other delicate organs in the body.
Sources of Drugs
- What is drug?
- State two uses of drugs
- Define drug abuse and state effects of it.
- The following are sources of drugs except (a) cocaine (b) tobacco (c) gum (d) marijuana
- Which of these is not importance of drug? (a) it saves life (b) it induces suffering (c) it relieves pains (d) it helps to fight against diseases
- Drug addiction is caused by which of these? (a) self-control (b) curiosity (c) effect of good company (d) control of emotion
- The following are side effects of drug addiction except (a) it leads to committing crime (b) it can affect some organs of the body (c) it can cause mental disorder (d) it can increase proper reasoning
- A chemical substance which affects the action of the body is called (a) food (b) diet (c) drug (d) natural resources
- Differentiate between drug abuse and drug misuse
- State three causes of drug abuse
- Define drug addiction
- List two sources of drugs.