DEFINITION OF TECHNICAL DRAWING
Technical drawing is a universal language used for communication among technical people. Technical people are the engineers, technicians, builders, draughts men, etc. It is the language expressed in terms of graphical illustrations which convey the idea of the shape, size and other features of engineering components used in the manufacturing and construction industries.
We study drawing so that we can draw objects for people to see and understand what we have in mind without talking or writing too much
DRAWING INSTRUMENTS AND MATERIALS I
A good and accurate drawing can be made through constant practice with the aid of drawing instruments and materials.
Below are some examples:
- Drawing board
- Tee square
- Drawing paper
- Drawing pencil
- Adhesive tape
- Emery cloth
- Glass paper
DRAWING INSTRUMENTS AND MATERIALS II
Other lists of drawing instruments and materials which are made up of acrylic (transparent plastic) include:
- Set squares (300 by 600 and 450 by 450)
- Scale rule
- Metric rule
- French curve
- Lettering set
- Define technical drawing and list five examples of technical people.
- List five example each of (a) acrylic materials (b) non-acrylic material
CARE AND STORAGE OF DRAWING INSTRUMENTS AND MATERIALS
- Do not use pins for fastening your paper to the board, rather use tapes or clips
- Do not use a razor blade to cut something on the surface.
- Always cover the surface with cardboard.
- Keep the drawing board in a safe place.
- Never use the tee square as a walking stick.
- Do not use a pen knife or blade along the edge of the tee square.
- Always hang your tee square after use.
- Always keep your tee square clean.
SET SQUARE, SCALE RULE, PROTRACTOR
- Do not use any sharp object on them.
- Keep them away from fire.
- Always keep them in a safe place after use.
PAIR OF COMPASS OR DIVIDER
- Do not sit or step on them.
- When not in use, keep them away in a safe container.
- Never use a compass or divider as paper holder.
- Do not use their needle point to punch holes.
- Mention two ways by which you can take care of drawing board.
- Mention two ways by which you can take care of set square and protractor.
- _______ is a universal language used for communication among technical people (a)Scaling
(b) Technical drawing (c) Sketching (d) Oblique.
- Technical people include the following except (a) engineers (b) technicians(c) builders and draughtsman (d) lawyer
- Which of the following is not a drawing instrument (a) set squares (b) French curve
(c) microscope (d) pencil
- The following are the ways of caring for a tee square except (a) use it as a toy gun (b) never use the tee square as a walking stick (c) do not use a pen knife or blade along the edge of the tee square (d) always hang your tee square after use.
- Set squares are used to draw the following inclined angles except (a) 300 (b)600 (c)450 (d) 700
- Define technical drawing.
- Mention five (5) drawing instruments and materials.
- State five (5) drawing instruments and materials which are made up ofacrylic (transparent plastic).
- State how to care for (a) a drawing board (b) a tee square (c) a set square