The documents kept by a receptionist include:-
- Visitors book
- Telephone message pad or form
- Business card
- Request form/visitors slip
- Telephone directory
- Appointment register
- VISITOR’S BOOK:- is used for recording the details of all visitors that came to an organisation. It contains name, office visited, address, purpose of visit, time of arrival and departure, date, signature etc.
|Date||Name of visitor||Purpose of visit||Time of arrival||Departure||Signature|
- TELEPHONE MESSAGE PAD:- is used to record calls received for an officer who may be busy or not on seat while visitors are calling. The receptionist takes down the message at the time phone rings.
- BUSINESS CARD:- also known as complimentary card or introductory card. It is used to identify oneself and organisation. It contains name of company, address, name of the owner, position and telephone number.
- REQUEST FORM:- is used in some office to inform an office of the presence of a visitor who is willing to see him/her
- TELEPHONE DIRECTORY: is a compilation of names, address of the telephones subscribers and telephone number of an individual and organisation within a region or country. It is used by receptionist for easy tracing of names and number.
- APPOINTMENT REGISTER: it records information concerning visitors on appointment and the office they wish to visit.
|Date||Time||Name of visitors||Account||Personnel||Sales||Admin|
- DIARY: this shows the daily activities of an organisation.it is used to record future appointment, interview, important events/happenings.
SUBSCRIBE BELOW FOR A GIVEAWAY