Meaning of Diseases
A disease is nay abnormality in health. It is a deviation from the normal functioning of any part of the animal body. Disease may manifest in form of infection, irritation or unfavourable condition. Hence, a diseased animal cannot perform the normal body processes. Disease results in ill health which may result in death.
Types of Diseases
A sick or diseased animal will show some or all the following signs.
- Loss of appetite;
- High temperature;
- Persistent coughing;
- Watery, smelling or blood stained feaces;
- Discharge from the eyes, mouth, nostril or anus;
- Rough skin
- Dropping of tail or wings in birds;
Disease could be categorized into two. These are:-
- Infectious Disease:- Infectious disease are the disease which can affect an animal without the animal coming in contact with the infected animal or infected materials. They are transmitted through the air, water, dust or other agents. Examples of contagious diseases are anthrax, fowl typhoid, conccidiosis and new castle disease
- Contagious Disease:- These disease can only affect an animal by physical contact with an infected animal. Examples of contagious diseases are foot and mouth disease, mastitis and contagious bovine abortion.
Animals can contact disease through the following:
- Contaminated feed and water.
- Dropping or feaces or infected animals
- Infected feeding materials e.g. water troughs, feed troughs and others.
- Insect vectors.
FACTORS TO CONSIDER BEFORE DESIDING ANIMAL FEED
FARM STRUCTURES | MEANING. TYPES, MAINTENANCE & FARM SHELTER
- diseases of farm animals
- diseases of farm animals primary 5
- diseases of farm animals caused by virus
- diseases of farm animals caused by bacteria
- diseases of farm animals basic 5
- diseases of farm animals pdf
- diseases of farm animals crossword clue
- bacterial diseases of farm animals
- nutritional diseases of farm animals
- fungal diseases of farm animals
- types of diseases
- types of diseases chart
- types of diseases in humans
- types of diseases and examples
- types of diseases caused by bacteria
- types of diseases caused by virus
- types of diseases with pictures
- types of diseases caused by parasites
- types of diseases and disorders
- types of diseases transmission
SUBSCRIBE BELOW FOR A GIVEAWAY