Direct services are simply those services that are rendered to directly on person- to-person basis and the payment for them is made by us directly to the service providers. Examples of direct service occupations are barbing, services of a private doctor, a private teacher, a personal lawyer, a steward etc
Indirect services are the services enjoyed by us, but the payment for which is not made directly by us. The services that fall under this heading include:-
- The doctor in government hospitals.
- The policemen
- The soldiers
- The teacher in government colleges
From the above explanation, we can now see that payment for indirect services is made on our behalf by the government
- Classify the services rendered by the street cleaner, the security guard in government schools and government hospital
- What are indirect services?
DIRECT SERVICE OCCUPATION
These include those whose daily activities involve giving satisfaction, amusement, enjoyment and rendering of personal service to others. Example of those in this occupation are actor, dancer, doctor, etc
INDIRECT SERVICE OCCUPATION
These involve those who earn their living by rendering one type of service or another to members of the public. Example are police, soldier, etc.
- The soldier renders _______ services. a)direct b)indirect c)general d)special
- A street cleaner renders ________ services a)direct b)indirect c)special d)all of the above
- A barber renders ________ services a)indirect b)special c)general d) direct
- A personal doctor renders ________ services a)personal b) direct c) indirect d) important
- A business studies teacher in government school renders _________ services a) direct b) good c) indirect d) special
- Explain with example the term indirect service
- Differentiate with example direct and indirect services.
- Mention the traders who are involved in foreign trade .
- What is business?
- What are aids to trade?
- Mention the aids to trade
- Explain insurance as an aid to trade