Table of Contents
USES OF DIGITAL LITERACY
In Education: digital literacy is more than having the knowledge of how to use a computer, what your software program does or the function of the hardware but also about using that knowledge to actually facilitate the learning process. Educators are often required to be certified in digital literacy to teach certain software, and more prevalently to prevent plagiarism among students.
In Society: it helps to communicate and keep up with societal trends. Literacy in social network services and web sites help people stay in contact with others, pass timely information and even sell goods and services.
In Workforce: those who are digitally literate are more likely to be economically secure. Many jobs require a working knowledge of computers and internet to perform basic functions.
Digital composition: is a new type of composition that focuses on technology’s impact in writing environment. The goal of digital composition is that it increases the ability to produce a relevant, high quality product instead of just paper work.
Social Media: Digital literacy allows a digital literate to have major voices online through different social media platforms.
BENEFITS OF DIGITAL LITERCAY
- It has led to great increases in information that can be quickly accessed.
- Digital competence helps the citizenry find new opportunities for a better life.
- It saves time and money by paying bills, applying for jobs and all online transactions.
- Digitally literate computer owners are far more likely to incorporate the internet into their daily lives.
- List THREE uses of digital literacy.
- Differentiate between digital literacy and computer literacy.
- What is digital composition?
- How does digital literacy affect social media?
- Explain digital composition.
- What do you understand by digital literacy?
- Which of the options increases the ability to produce a relevant, high quality product instead of just paper work? A. Social media B. Digital divide C. digital composition D. All
- ……………..helps people to communicate and keep up with societal trends. A. Social media B. Digital literacy C. digital composition D. All
- Digital literacy allows people to improve……….A. get job B. their knowledge C. friendship relationship. D. none
- …………..helps to increase in formation acquisition. A. Social media B. Digital divide C. Digital literacy D. All
- One’s ability to understand, organize, locate, analyze, and evaluate information by using digital forms of technology is. A. digital divide B. digital literacy C. digital skills D. None
- List and explain TWO uses of digital literacy.
- Mention TWO benefits of digital literacy
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, that is why you see other elearning websites charge fees. Help to keep this learning portal free by telling mum or dad to donate or support us. Thank you so much. Click here to donate