Decision Making is the act of making choices. It is the process of selecting option from alternatives.It is the ability to make up one’s mind as regard a particular issue or issues.
Decision-Makingtakes place only when there are two or more things to choose from.
IMPORTANCE OF DECISION MAKING
- It helps to minimise mistakes.
- It assists us in taking responsibility for our actions.
- It helps us to identify our values and stand by it.
- It helps us to know more about ourselves and others.
STEPS IN DECISION MAKING
1.Identify the decisions to be made: It includes defining the situation or problem that requires a decision.
- List the alternatives: Getting information on all the alternatives.
- Choose the best alternative: Make the choice that best fit your needs. To do this, you have to think about your values, goals, wants, money available and needs.
- Act on your decision: Carry out your decision to the best of your ability. This means going to buy want you decided.
- Evaluate your decision: This means judging the quality of the decision made or how well it worked for you.
Simple personal decisions
Some areas where decisions are made include:
- Food-related decisions: This has to do with what to eat,how to eat, when to eat etc.
- Clothing-related decisions: What to wear,how to wear it, with what do I wear it with.
- Housing-related decisions: These include the type of household articles to buy.
- Choosing friend to move with.
- Educational decisions would include which school to attend, books to read,careers to pursue etc.
As a student, some personal decisions include:
1.Buying of text books
2.Changing one’s dresses and shoes.
3.Choosing the right time to read, play and visit friends.
4.Choosing a course of study and a career
1.Explain the term “decision making”
2.List steps in decision making.
- Mention four decisions you can make as a student.
- Define nutrition.
- Mention five careers in Home economics.
WEEKEND ASSIGNMENT (SECTION A)
- Decision making helps to………… (a)make mistake (b)escape mistake (c)minimise mistake
(d) conceal mistakes.
3.As a student …….is one of the personal decisions made(a)housing (b)buying of text book
(c)number of wife to marry (d) money to steal.
4.Decision making helps us to identify our………….. (a) money(b) values (c) height (d) all of the above.
- Decision making can be influenced by the following except (a)friends (b) parents (c) values (d) all of the above.
1.Explain decision making.
2.Explain three importance of decision making.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, that is why you see other elearning websites charge fees. Help to keep this learning portal free by telling mum or dad to donate or support us. We accept grants, sponsorships & support to help take this to the next big level and reach out to more people. Thank you so much. Click here to donate