Table of Contents
MEANING OF COSTUME
Costume refers to the clothes, accessories and hairdos worn by the players who are trying to look like a different person. Costumes add beauty to the entire outward appearance of the actors and actresses. Costumes also enable the players fit the targeted character perfectly. Costumes are sewn, designed and provided by the costumier or costume designer.
TYPES OF COSTUME
There two types of costume. They are as follows.
- REAL COSTUME
- REHEARSAL COSTUME
- REAL OR AUTHENTIC COSTUME: This refers to the actual dresses and accessories
intended to be worn by the players for the main drama presentation.
- REHEARSAL COSTUME: This refers to the dresses and accessories meant to be worn by the players for the main purpose of rehearsing a play.
CLOTHING AND ACCESSORIES
They include traditional dresses, caps, shoes, jewelries, hand bag, wrist watch etc.
- Define costume.
- List the two types of costume in drama.
- State three accessories also known as costume.
GENERAL EVALUATION/REVISION QUESTIONS
- Define ‘sense of belonging’.
- State five one can achieve a sense of belonging.
- What is teamwork?
- Define drama and theatre respectively.
- Mention the three groups of people involved in drama and theatre.
- ____ refers to the characters’ garments and accessories meant to be worn by the players who are to come on stage. (a) Costume (b) Hand bag (c) Shoe (d) Cap
- Which one of these members of the drama crew sews ,designs the costumes and makes the costumes available for the players? (a) Costumier (b) Cameraman (c) Make – up artist (d) Director
- Greek costumes are worn by players to present a live drama piece on stage so as to entertain the seated guests in the ____ (a) Greek theatre (b) Roman theatre (c) Mosque (d) Church
- Which one of the following is NOT an accessory in drama?(a) Cap (b) Jewelry (c) Shoe (d) Clothing
- Costume portrays the role to be played by the players in a drama piece. (a) True (b) False (c) Maybe (d) Not sure
- List the two types of costume.
- Explain the two types of costume
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, that is why you see other elearning websites charge fees. Help to keep this learning portal free by telling mum or dad to donate or support us. Thank you so much. Click here to donate