Table of Contents
CONSEQUENCES OF CORRUPTION
- It dents the nation image
- It brings hardship on average citizens
- It retards the economic growth
- It leads to poverty
- It discourages honesty, integrity and hard work
- It leads to unemployment
PREVENTION OF CORRUPTION
- Stiff punishment for corrupt leaders and officials
- Confiscation of poverty
- Introduction of civic and moral instructions.
- Honesty, integrity and hard work should be rewarded
- Government should give ICPC, EFCC free hand to administers justice on corrupt citizens
- Display of wealth should be discouraged
CONSEQUENCES OF CORRUPTION ON THE NATION
- Dents the nation’s image: Nigeria has been known to be a corrupt nation all over the world. An international organization known as Transparency International has ranked Nigeria among the ten most corrupt countries in the world. This has so many negative implications on all Nigerians.
- Retards economic growth: The economy cannot grow in a nation where corruption thrives.
CONSEQUENCES OF CORRUPTION ON INDIVIDUAL
- Leads to poverty: The higher the rate of corruption, the higher the level of poverty.
- Causes hardship: Many people go through unnecessary hardship due to corrupt practices.
CONSEQUENCES OF CORRUPTION ON THE SOCIETY
- Increases social vices.
- Leads to unemployment.
- Mention three effects each of corruption on the nation and society
- Mention five ways corruption can be prevented.
SUBSCRIBE BELOW FOR A GIVEAWAY