Definition of Contact Sports
Contact sports are sports that emphasize or require physical contact between players. Some sports such as martial arts are scored based on impacting an opponent, while others include rugby and football which require tackling of players.
Examples of Contact Sports
The following are examples of contact sports:
Benefits of Contact Sports
The benefits of contact sports include the following:
- It enhances and promotes stamina
- It is for fun and enjoyment
- It promotes inter-personal-relationship among athletes
- It is used as an entertainment
- It serves as means of livelihood for participants
- It improves speed and promotes physical fitness and flexibility
Basic Skills and Techniques in Contact Sports
Basic Skills in Wrestling
The following are skills in wrestling:
- Hold or grips
- Offensives and defensives.
Basic Skills in Judo
The following are skills in judo:
Techniques in Judo
The following are techniques used in judo:
- Nage – waza (standing and throwing)
- Katama – waza (grapping)
- Atame – waza (striking)
- Describe contact sports.
- List five examples of contact sports.
- What are the benefits of contact sports?