SAFETY MEASURES IN CONTACT AND NON-CONTACT SPORTS
Safety Measures in Contact Sports
- The playground must be kept clean; that is, remove all dangerous materials on the field e.g. stones, broken bottles, pegs, etc.
- Do not perform or play on a slippery ground.
- Warm-up properly before performing any exercise.
- Apparatus must be arranged and inspected before use.
- Avoid wearing high heel shoes or too heavy boots.
- Participants’ dresses/sport wears should be smart and loose enough to allow free movement of the body.
Safety Measures in Non-contact Sports
The following are safety measures in non-contact sports:
Safety Measures in Gymnastics
Accident often occurs during gymnastics. To reduce accident therefore, certain safety precaution must be taken.
- Have a proper warm up before activities
- Start from simple to complex
- Apparatus must suit the activity.
- Enough landing foam to prevent jars and injuries during vaulting
- Never carry out any activity without instruction
- Check the activity areas and be sure they are free from hazards
- Wear the correct customer ( sports wears)
- Master the fundamental skills before performing
- Ask questions when in doubts
- Practice skills within your capacity
- Always follow instructions
- Avoid wearing ornament during activities
Safety Measures in Aquatic Sports
In aquatic sports, the following are important safety measures:
- Swimmers should take a shower before swimming to adjust the body to the water temperature
- Never use the pool where there is no life guard
- Beginners should start from the shallow end of the pool
- Learners should obey and follow instructions
- There should be no running around to avoid slip and fall
- Avoid the use of ornaments such as neck lace
- No rough play such as pushing people into water
- There should be proper warm up to stimulate the body for vigorous actions in the water.
- Mention five safety measures in contact sports.
- Give two safety measures in each of the following non-contact sports: (i) Snooker (ii) Darts (iii) Swimming (iv) Gymnastics
⇓ Fully Funded Scholarships ⇓
We built School Portal NG to specially serve as an alternative means to provide free education for the less-privileged children or children born to low-income earners, adults who otherwise cannot afford to finance their way through school.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, but this portal is free. Help to keep this learning portal free by donating or supporting us. We accept donations, grants, sponsorships & support to help reach out to more children. Thank you so much. Click here to donate