Conflict is defined as a misunderstanding or disagreement between two or more people conflict can occur between families, communities and nations.
Nigeria as a nation has witnessed or experience a lot of conflict. For example
- The civil war between 1967 and 1970
- Students not starting from Ali must go
- Inter – tribal wars – ife – Modakeke war
- Religious riot and wars particularly in northern part of the country (Kano, Kaduna, Plateau, Bauchi, Maduguri) and issue of Boko – Haram
- Workers strikes and protest e.g. the judiciary and the health officers strikes
- Electoral protect leading to burning of valuable properties and destruction of lives.
Causes of Conflict
- Selfishness or Self centredness
- Lack of cooperation
- Bad leadership/leader’s inability to perform his functions well
- Religion intolerance
- Communication gap between two people or nations
- Laziness and inefficiency
- Increase in crime rate or came act among people.
Effects of Conflicts
- It leads to lost of lives and properties
- There will be insecurity writing the area where there is war
- Breakdown of law and order
- It hinders the progress of the society
- By low court
- Government intervention
- Village heads
- DIALOGUE: This is a medium by which the two opposition parties came together to settle the conflict.
- POLICE: Misunderstanding between individual in community can be reported to the police for their immediate intervention. Minor issue on dispute within the families had been settled by police in the past.
- GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION: In an area where there is communal clashes, government can set up a special panel or body to settle the dispute.
- LAW COURT: Conflicts can be settled through legal way or by court. The parties will involves their lawyers to argue.
- VILLAGE HEAD: This is regarded as an old method of settling conflict within a society. The parties and come term on who is at fault.
- WAR: This is the last solution to any conflict when all effort failed.
ACCIDENT IN THE HOMES AND SCHOOLS | MEASURES FOR SAFETY
ACCIDENTS IN THE HOME AND IN SCHOOL; NEEDS FOR SAFETY
INFLUENCE OF MAN IN THE ENVIRONMENT
- conflicts synonym
- conflicts of interest
- conflicts definition
- conflicts in the world today
- conflicts in literature
- conflicts in the crucible
- conflicts meaning
- conflicts in west asia
- conflicts in the middle east
SUBSCRIBE BELOW FOR A GIVEAWAY