– UNDERSTANDING TECHNOLOGY
What is Technology? Technology is the systematic application of scientific or organized knowledge for the use of mankind.
Science and Technology are closely related. Science is a system of acquiring knowledge through research. Technology is the application of scientific result and knowledge to solve life’s problem.
Benefits of Technology
- Technology helps man to provide his needs
- Technology provide machines that make work faster, easier and neater for man.
- Technology creates job for man
- Technology helps man to capture his environment
- Technology creates global networking through internet.
- It provides standard health care facilities
- It enhances development in all areas of life.
- It saves time
- It saves energy
- It makes the means of communication faster and easier
- It reduces wastage
- It makes transportation faster and comfortable.
Types of Technology
- Developed technology/modern technology
- Underdeveloped technology/indigenous technology or traditional technology
- Developed Technology: It is the use of modern methods and tools. It is also known as modern technology. It utilizes789 materials that will help improve the living environment of man
- Underdeveloped Technology: It is referred to as indigenous technology which involves the use of crude methods and tools to do things for our immediate needs.
Disadvantages of Technology (Negative affect of Technology)
- Technology cause pollution to the environment. E.g. oil spillage
- Health hazard such as stress, cancer, etc.
- The climate change which the world is experiencing is a negative result of technology advancement.
- Poor academic performance as a result of advent of video games and internet access.
- Increase in transportation technology causing congestion in the society
- Technology causes increase in crime rate.
- Societal disorder such as pornography, internet marriages, etc.
|Areas||Developed Technology||Underdeveloped Technology|
|Transport||Cars, train, ship, aeroplane, etc.||Horses, use of foot, donkey, paddling canoes, etc.|
|Communication||Fax messages, emails, T.V, satellite, radio, etc.||Town criers, letter writing, oral message etc.|
|Farming||Use of tractor, harvesters, planters, etc.||Use of hoes, cutlasses, axes, knives, etc.|
|Cooking||Use of gas cooker, electric cooker, pressure cooker, etc.||The use of fire wood, and dried leaves.|
|Shelter||Concrete building, glass houses, sky scrapers, etc.||Huts, muds, houses, etc.|
|War||Sophisticated weapons, like machine guns, jet bomber, etc||Bow and arrow, spear, knife, etc.|
Product of Technology
Some of the products of technology that are used are:
|Computer||It is used for typing and storing information|
|Dish Washer||It is used for washing dishes|
|Vehicle||It is used for moving people and goods from one place to another.|
|Telephone||It is used to communication to people|
|x-ray machine||It is used to check the internal organs of the human body|
|Aeroplane||It is used to fly people from one place to another.|
Life Application of Technology
Technology has improved the standard of living and solved human problems in the following ways:
- Highways with traffic light to control the flow of traffic
- Good road network for easy transportation
- Internet facilities for communicating and sharing ideas.
- Modern houses with facilities that make life easier
- Manufacturing machine for mass and accurate production.
Also technology can be applied to the various areas of life.
- Differentiate between science and technology
SAFETY GUIDELINES FOR PEDESTRIANS
REASONS FOR BEING TECHNOLOGICAL LITERATE
explain life application of technology
SUBSCRIBE BELOW FOR A GIVEAWAY