A computer professional maybe:
- A person working on the field of Information Technology
- A person who has undergone training in a computer related field colleges, universities and computer institutes.
- A person who has an extensive knowledge in the area of computing.
JOB TITLES FOR COMPUTER PROFESSIONALS INCLUDES
- Programmers and software engineers
- Computer scientists
- Computer system analysts
- Computer technicians
- Database administrators
- Network administrators
- Information Technology Consultants
- Web Developers
- Programmer and Software Engineer : A programmer, computer programmer, developer, coder, or software engineer is a person who writes computer programmer can refer to a specialist in one area of computer programming or to a generalist who writes code for many kinds of software. A programmer’s primary computer language (assembly, COBOL, C, C++, C#, Java, LISP, Python, etc)
A software engineer is a person who applies the principle of software engineering to the design, development, maintenance, testing and evaluation of the software and systems that make computer or anything containing software work.
- Computer Scientist: is a scientist who has acquired knowledge of computer science, the study of the theoretical foundation of information and computation and their application.
Computer scientists typically work on the theoretical side of computer systems, as opposed to the hardware side that computer engineers mainly focus on.
III. Computer System Analysts: A system analyst is an I.T professional who specialized in analyzing, designing and implementing information systems. System analysts access the suitability of information systems in terms of their extended outcomes and liaise with end users, software vendors and programmer in order to achieve these outcomes.
A system analyst is person who uses analysis and design techniques to solve business problems using information technology.
- Computer Technician. A computer repair technician is a person who repairs and maintains computers and servers. The technician’s responsibility may extend to include building or configuring new hardware, installing and updating software packages, and creating and maintaining computer network.
A repair technician might work in a corporate information technology department, a central service center, or a retail computer sales environment.
- Database Administrator: Database administrators (DBAs) use specialized software to store and organize data. The role may include capacity planning, installation, configuration, designing of database, migration, performance, monitoring, security, troubleshooting, as well as backup and data recovery.
- Network Administrator: Network administrators are for making sure that computer hardware and network infrastructure related to an organizations, data network are effectively maintained.
Network administrators are often involved in proactive work. This type of work often include network monitoring, testing the network for weakness, keeping an eye out for needed updates, installing and implementing security programs, in many cases, E-mail and internet filters, evaluating, implementing network management software, monitoring network traffic and bottle neck.
VII. System Administrator: A system administrator or sysadmin is a person who is responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, especially multi-user computers, such as servers.
The system administrator seeks to ensure that the up time, performance, resources and security of the computers he or she manages to meet the needs of the user without exceeding the budget.
VIII. Information Technology Consultant: In management, Information Technology consulting (also called I.T Consulting, computer consultancy, business and technology services, computing consultancy, technology consulting, and I.T advisory as a field of activity focuses on advising organizations on how best to use information technology (I.T) in achieving their business objectives.
In addition to providing advice, IT consultancies often estimate, manage, implement, deploy and administer I.T systems on behalf of their client organizations – a practice known as “out sourcing”.
- Web Developer: A web developer is a programmer who specializes in, or is specifically engaged in, the development of World Wide Web applications or distributed network applications that are run over HTTP from a web server to a web browser.
- What is computer professional
- Mention four computer professional
- Give the job roles of three (3) computer professional
People also read
⇓ Fully Funded Scholarships ⇓
We built School Portal NG to specially serve as an alternative means to provide free education for the less-privileged children or children born to low-income earners, adults who otherwise cannot afford to finance their way through school.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, but this portal is free. Help to keep this learning portal free by donating or supporting us. We accept donations, grants, sponsorships & support to help reach out to more children. Thank you so much. Click here to donate